Damn Day Job...

I know it's been awhile since I've posted. I've had my ups and downs since I had to put my dog down in August and work has gotten nuts with the holiday season. I've been working longer shifts and Sunday's 8am-noon, BUT...this weekend we're free!!! We managed to get caught up and did not have to work today...aannndddd, starting tomorrow I go back to my regular hours. Phewwww!
I'm exhausted and my lack of writing the past couple months shows it. I have managed to write some ideas down along with a chapter or two in notebooks. I have a notebook for each book idea so when something comes to me I can capture it right away. Plus, I like putting actual pencil/pen to paper. Perhaps I was a scribe in one of my past lives lol!!

It's been really quiet in my house the past few months without my boy here and I have felt the pull to get a cat. I haven't had a cat for quite a few years since my last one passed suddenly at the age of 14. She was such an amazing animal I did not want another one. But now, the time has come. So, last Saturday I went to the local shelter to look at cats...I wanted an older cat...no kittens please. No matter how cute they are. It finally came down to two; Marley, a large orange and white male with extra toes (my last cat had extra toes as well) and Toast, a beautiful long haired female. I told them I'd be back in a week and I was. I returned yesterday and went straight for Toast. I held her and she snuggled her head into the crook of my neck. Yep, this was the one for me. So I brought her home and she settled right in, albeit a little clingy, but I think once she gets used to my routine she'll get better. 

Not much else has been going on other than work, so I'm going to leave you with a few pictures of my girl. :) *The ones of her on the shelf are a compromise...I told her she couldn't be on my lap or on the desk while I am on the computer, so she picked a temporarily empty shelf instead lol!

Happy Holidays to you all, and I will talk to you again after the New Year!!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken tailights, bones and computers oh my!

Well, I made it...

A Dog's Life