How it all began...

Ok....so....a few months ago I decided I needed to write a book. Why? Mainly just to get it out of my head. I have a tendency to have these story ideas in my head and they won't leave me alone until I write them down. Some of the impertinent little buggers even wake me up or have the utter audacity to not let me go to sleep until I've gotten back up to scribble some random idea down on whatever piece of paper I happen to find. Then...back to bed....ahhhhh sleep. Maybe. Ughhh. Now I'm back up again after telling the next idea that I'll be sure to write it down as soon as I get up in the morning, but does it listen?? NO, it does not. It's a lot like a toddler walking into the room and standing by the bed saying "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom." So here I go again to stick my nose onto some piece of paper (I'm legally blind without my contacts and I refuse to put them in to do this) and scribble more ideas down. Now I'm going to sleep no matter what my brain says. Yep. Uh huh.
So now I have started writing my first book, a fantasy novel, and I'm about 16 chapters into it and I take a step back to look at it and say...."What the friggin' hell?" "Where is this stupid thing going?" "This is not what I had in mind at all!!" And I come to a complete halt. Now I need to reevaluate the whole thing. I consult with my guide (my awesome cousin who has volunteered herself to read this stuff for me and give me her opinions) and we decide I need to come at it from a different angle. The main character needs to be more aggressive. Yes, yes I agree. Ok. Same book, version 2. Great! Here we go! This is practically writing itself! I get 6 chapters into this one, give it to my guide and she likes it...I agreed at first, but then as I kept looking at it, I'm not sure. Well hell's bells. Now what??? I don't have a clue, so I throw my hands up and leave them both to rot. 
Now 2 or 3 weeks have gone by and I've done nothing. Then I'm suddenly back up during the night with an idea for a new book. Really??? I couldn't even finish the first one, and there's 2 flippin' versions of it!! Two failures for the price of one!! Oh well, whatever, I'll write it down. Now I'm onto the second book. Two chapters in and I still like it. Good! We're making progress. Now my brain is thinking back to the first book....what to do, what to do. Well, the more I think about it I kind of like the first version even if it went off-roading into never never land...and there are parts of the new one I like too. So..new plan...rework the first version with components of the second. 
Oh yeah, great idea...this is gonna be fun. Ughhh.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken tailights, bones and computers oh my!

Easter Musings....

Where the magic happens....